Coffee Break German Study Pack 1
By Mark Pentleton, Thomas Reichhart & Radio Lingua
- Category: Foreign Languages, Books, Reference
- Type: ebook
- Release Date: 2013-03-27
- File Size: 263.44MB
- Developer: Mark Pentleton, Thomas Reichhart & Radio Lingua
- App Ratings: 5/5 (8 App Reviews)
- Price: $10.99
Coffee Break German Study Pack 1 Details
Coffee Break German helps you learn German using our tried and tested method which combines audio, video and text materials in a structured approach.
Based on the hugely popular online course, this study pack offers the video flashcards for lessons 1-5, combining the audio materials with flashcards which allow the learner to see how the words are written. Each lesson comes with several pages of notes, additional vocabulary and bonus listening materials.
Coffee Break German is presented by German native speaker Thomas who is teaching learner Mark to communicate in German. Mark is an experienced language teacher himself and is the presenter of Coffee Break French and Spanish, but this time the tables are turned and he is learning German with Thomas. Thomas and Mark are also joined by our Cultural Correspondent, Julia, who brings cultural insight to each lesson, and our Grammar Guru, Kirsten, who helps Mark and the learners understand the patterns of the language.
This particular volume covers the following topics:
Lesson 1: Hallo, wie geht's?
- Learning how to greet people in German; the words for "yes" and "no"; asking the question "how are you?" and learning suitable replies.
Lesson 2: Guten Tag. Wie heißen Sie?
- Greeting people at different times of the day; asking "what is your name?" and answering the question; an introduction to the formal and informal versions of "you" in German; an outline of where German is spoken.
Lesson 3: Ich komme aus Deutschland. Und Sie?
- Talking about where you're from; asking other people where they are from in both the formal and informal form; the names of some countries in German; greetings from different parts of the German-speaking world.
Lesson 4: Ich komme aus Österreich, aber jetzt wohne ich in München
- Making sentences negative using the word "nicht"; the patterns associated with verbs; the verb "wohnen", meaning "to live"; an introduction to word order; how Karneval is celebrated in Cologne.
Lesson 5: Das ist meine Schwester. Sie heißt Julia
- Talking about members of your family; an introduction to gender in German; the word for "the" and how it changes for different genders; giving names for other people using "er heißt…" and "sie heißt…"
This book is part of a series of eight study packs for the full introductory course of Coffee Break German. The course is being published from January 2013 and as the end of each unit is reached, the subsequent books will be released.
5By Conan BFinally I get this ebook, thanks for all these Coffee Break German Study Pack 1 I can get now!
4By Jerri UMy friends are so mad that they do not know how I have all the high quality ebook which they do not!
3By Morse JCoffee Break German Study Pack 1 was the best books I ever buy. Coffee Break German Study Pack 1 did exactly what you said it does.
4By Sybil EI would like to personally thank you for your outstanding books. It's really wonderful.
3By Dewey KI will recommend you to my colleagues. Coffee Break German Study Pack 1 is the most valuable books we have EVER purchased. I'd be lost without this. I am completely blown away.
3By Yoshi Ahahahahaha
1By Ivett Lwtffff i do not understand this!